Saint Petersburg, Florida
The Professional Engineer interprets electrical design requirements and designs electrical systems by applying standard principles and practices. The Professional Engineer oversees production of the engineering team while managing the client through the entire project life cycle.
- Coordinate the best design solution by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and budgeting requirements.
- Takes lead on projects and provides technical assistance during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
- Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs.
- Prepare detailed drawings/models for a project using the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge.
- Provide design direction and support to all team members.
- P.E license required.
- 4 year Electrical/Architectural Engineering degree from ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- Experience managing and mentoring an engineering staff.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment and installation required.
- 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Must possess strong electrical design fundamentals, including a background and knowledge of NEC, IBC, IECC and life safety codes.
- CADD experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be detail oriented and quality driven.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and a functional level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Competitive Benefits Package