North Charleston, SC
CCS is looking for an Electrical Estimators in the Charleston SC, area. This company has completed a diverse portfolio of commercial and industrial projects as has established a particular expertise in airfield lighting, drawbridges, underground high voltage, and government contracting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage all aspect of construction projects including:
- Responsible for overall job takeoff
- Responsible for management of all aspects of completing the bid on schedule and leaving time for management review.
- Responsible for leading bid review meeting with management.
- Responsible of writing detailed scope letters
- Responsible for managing communications with General Contractors
- Responsible for detailed and accurate takeoff.
- Responsible for specification review and making sure all aspects of the bid meet the specifications.
- Responsible for submitting pre-bid questions.
- Responsible for reviewing vendor quotes
- Responsible for coordinating with project Management to quote change orders
- Responsible for coordinating with accounting to produce original estimates.
- Responsible for attending pre-bid meeting.
- Responsible for maintaining bid documentation including Scope, Drawing and addenda, Quotes and other bid documents.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in commercial/industrial electrical construction with a minimum of 5 years as estimator
- Bachelor’ s Degree a plus
- Project Manager experience a plus
- Estimating experience with Accubid a plus
- Estimating with on screen takeoff a plus
- Experience in airfield lighting or industrial projects a plus
- Established relationships with general contractors and owners a plus